Written by 17:17 Latest, Trending

Japan/Pacific Tsunami & Earthquake Emergency Assistance

Here’s some great resource information if you’re concerned about someone who may have been in the Japanese earthquake/tsunami zone.

Google has once again setup a crisis response website to aid in finding out about individuals in the tsunami zone:  Google Crisis Response Another resource is the International Red Cross Family Links website here.

US Citizens – To find out about US citizens residing or traveling in Japan, email PacificTsunamiUSC@state.gov.  For US Citizens IN Japan needing assistance, email JapanEmergencyUSC@state.gov

Canadian Citizens – Call Canadian Foreign Affairs Toll free within Canada at 1-800-387-3124.

UK Citizens – Call the UK Foreign Office  at (44)-207-008-0000.

English speaking tourists stuck in Japan, can tune to the US Armed Forces station at 810AM and InterFM at 76.1FM for emergency information.

Last modified: March 11, 2011