A hotel can make or break your trip. If you’re uncomfortable in your room or hotel, it’s certainly not going to make for a pleasant vacation.
When we start planning our trips, we do some pretty heavy research on where we’re going to stay. While we rely on TripAdvisor a lot, we also search other sites as well. When you look through our reviews here, you’ll see that most of our reviews are positive. That’s not because we’re lucky or just giving positive reviews, it’s because we invest some time in making sure we’re going to be staying at a place that we’ll like. Now, does it always work out that way? Unfortunately, no, but luckily it does work 90% of the time.
For our reviews, we promise you the following:
- We’ve actually stayed there. There’s nothing more frustrating than people who write reviews but don’t actually stay at a property.
- We’ll tell you how long we stayed. Everyone has a bad day now and then. Hotels are no different. We’ll tell you how long we stayed, so you can factor that into our review.
- We’ll tell you what kind of deal we received. We hate paying rack rates if we don’t have to. We’ll tell you the rate we paid and where we found it. Everyone deserves to get the best deal.
- We’ll give you the straight story. You can’t always believe the hype that you find on hotel websites or in other reviews. It’s amazing how some people define “close to the airport”, as just an hour away. We’ll give you the straight scoop – good or bad.
- We’ll link to other review sites. Don’t just take our word for it. We’ll link to other review sites for the same hotel so that you can easily find more reviews from many different sources. It never hurts to compare notes.
- We’ll be brutally honest. Everyone travels differently. There are things important to us, that may not be important to you and vice versa. We’ll tell you what we think. Agree or disagree, at least you’ll know.
- Things change. Ownership changes. Managers change. Our review is a snapshot in time. If you stay somewhere we’ve been and find something different, comment in the review itself so others will know.
Our reviews are categorized by continent first, then by individual country and city. You can navigate between reviews on the right hand column of this page. Reviews are updated if we stay somewhere again. As soon as we get back home from a trip, we try to post reviews quickly so information is as up-to-date as possible.